2013年10月18日金曜日

Reading the "Food Aphorisms"

Reading the "Food aphorisms" I came across a few quotes that I agreed with and I disagreed with.

One of the quotes that I liked was "Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." I agree that we eat what we like. I understand that we should get a balanced diet and stay healthy. However, I don't think it's right when we eat food that it's just good for us, but we don't really enjoying eating. We should enjoy the meals, so I agree with this quote.

The quote that I thought was odd was "The first time you see something that you have never seen before, you almost always know right away if you should eat it or run away from it." I disagree because people always say that we should try all kinds of food and try new things. Whenever you go to a different country, you should try the food there. You may not like it, but at least you try. Therefore, I don't think you should decide on the food by just looking at the first sight.

1 件のコメント:

  1. The first quote you mentioned is quite humorous. I kind of agree with it, too. But, generally, when something doesn't agree with our stomach, our stomach is trying to tell us something and we should listen to it.

    There may be some types of food that we should run away from. Monkey brains may be one of them. Humans have a remarkable ability to know what's edible in their environment. People living in rain forests, for example, know precisely what roots, tree bark, snakes, reptiles, etc. are edible and which should be avoided. Despite that great ability, there are still people who think that what's on the McDonald's menu is food and should be eaten. I find that perplexing.

    返信削除