2013年11月14日木曜日

Review of the novel: Chapter 4,5,6

Victoria spends the last summer before going to New York with her family. All of her family members want her to stay. Thinking about Grace, her younger sister, she felt sorry but they promised they would meet for Christmas and Thanksgiving. Victoria's college life went well. She did go back to L.A. to see her family during the vacations. Victoria's roommate in sophomore year was a girl who had an eating disorder and frighteningly thin. Watching her not eat made her want to eat more. Then she meets the first boy. He is a tall, good-looking boy with freckles and red hair, from Kentucky. She decides to get skinnier and she did. Things didn't go well and they break up. During her college years, she repeats gaining and losing weight.  When she is in New York going to college, she takes a summer job. She liked teaching kids. Then, she gets a letter and finds out that maybe she could work as a teacher at a private shcool in New York for a year. She goes to New York for the interview of the work.

3 件のコメント:

  1. I can understand her feeling. Of course, I want to get skinner, but I also want to eat what I want to eat because it is one of the purposes in my life. I think it important not only to decrease the amount of a meal but also to do moderate execise to lose weight. We can’t get skinner by watch what we eat.

    返信削除
  2. I could understand really Victoria's feeling when boyfriend came to my country. And because of him, she decided to go on a diet. I thought she was really so cute.

    返信削除
  3. Thanks for your good summary of the latest chapters you read. Try to write about your feelings about what you're reading, too. I wonder if Victoria might have feared that she would get an eating disorder like her roommate if she kept up her unhealthy cycle of gaining and losing weight. Your novel seems to have a similar theme to that of Kaho.

    返信削除