2013年11月7日木曜日

Review of the novel: Chapter 3

As years pass by Grace and Victoria grow older and Victoria continues to take good care of Grace. Victoria didn't have much friends at school. Only some but never out of school. Victoria likes eating very much. She definitely prefers foods like burgers, spaghetti, meatballs, and so on. She was growing bigger and bigger. Victoria graduates middle school and she moves on to high school. At first she is afraid, but starts to feel that high school is much better than she thought. On the first day, a girl named Connie comes and talks to Victoria. Being the captain of the basketball team, and she tells her she should join a club. Victoria decides to join the Latin club. She works hard to keep up her grade and applies to seven schools which are all far from California. It's because she thinks that she should get away from her family.

3 件のコメント:

  1. I feel this book sounds like interesting by reading this summary. I am very intereted in her life after joining Latin club. So I look forward to reading next chapter's summary.

    返信削除
  2. I think your book is very interesting!
    I was very concerned about Victoria's future in first chapters, but I felt her future would be happy because she decided to join the basketball team.
    I think she will be able to lose her weight and get a lot of friends in the team. I want to read your summary of next chapters soon.

    返信削除
  3. I really appreciate Yukari and Megumi's comments. Saya's description is helping them anticipate what will happen next. I agree with Megumi that things seem to be looking up for Victoria and her life is not turning out as bad as I was expecting.

    However, over-achieving and having low self-esteem caused by failing to meet the high expectations of demanding parents, seem to be factors predisposing young girls to anorexia, so I have some worries for Victoria.

    Cheers,
    Joseph D.

    返信削除